Veterans Parade Form
70th Annual Veterans Day Parade
November 11, 2023
Presented by VFW Post 1980• (620) 342-9864
Note: Please read all guidelines before filling out the entry form below.
The Veterans of Emporia invite you to participate in this year’s Veterans Day Parade.
|Veterans Day Parade
|4th Ave. and Commercial St. North to 12th Ave.
|Veterans Memorial Service
|All Veterans Memorial, Soden’s Grove
Parade Entry Guidelines
All parade entrants are asked to observe the guidelines and supply information where requested to assist the Veterans Day Parade Committee in proper planning of the event. These guidelines are for the safety and concerns of all involved.
- Candy, prizes and novelty items may be distributed along the route of the event. Distribution shall occur within fifteen feet (15’) of the curb line. Candy, prizes, and novelty items shall NOT be thrown by participants, either from a float or other vehicle or by walkers. Participants who throw items may be fined and/or removed from the parade at the sole discretion of the Police Department.
- All Parade participants must comply with current traffic laws and regulations. For everyone’s safety, we ask all motorized vehicles to refrain from excessive accelerations, wheelies, burnouts, etc. The Parade is for the community’s enjoyment – please be considerate.
- All entries must have a Veterans theme or greeting.
- For identification and line-up purposes, all Parade entrants shall provide and display an 8 ½” X 11” card bearing their entry number on the passenger-side windshield of the entry or on the front side of any non-motorized (walking) entries. The Parade committee will assign entry numbers, and participants will be notified prior to the Parade. Final Parade placement is subject to change for best presentation during the Parade.
- Commentators and the reviewing stand will be located in the 700 block of Commercial. In order to be identified for broadcast information, please slow down and make your entry number visible.
- One vehicle (or “Unit” as such) per business, please. (Does not include towing vehicle).
- City of Emporia parade guidelines require entries with livestock (dogs, horses, etc.) to provide their own street cleanup behind the entry.
- Absolutely NO alcoholic beverages or consumption of alcohol is permitted in the Parade. Any participant judged to be in possession of or under the influence of alcohol, or any other substance, shall be asked to leave and subject to removal if not done.