Veterans Parade Form
65th Annual Veterans Day Parade
November 10, 2018
Sponsored by American Legion Ball-McColm Post 5 • (620) 342-1119
Note: Please read all guidelines before filling out the entry form below.
The Veterans of Emporia invite you to participate in this year’s Veterans Day Parade.
|Line Up||8:15 a.m.|
|Veterans Day Parade||9:30 a.m.||4th Ave. and Commercial St. North to 12th Ave.|
|Veterans Memorial Service||11:00 a.m.||All Veterans Memorial, Soden’s Grove|
Parade Entry Guidelines
All parade entrants are asked to observe the guidelines and supply information where requested to assist the Veterans Day Parade Committee in proper planning of the event. These guidelines are for the safety and concerns of all involved.
- City of Emporia Parade Policy strictly prohibits candy, prizes, novelty items and any other items be thrown, deposited or otherwise distributed from any unit or individual participant of a parade event.
- All Parade participants must comply with current traffic laws and regulations. For everyone’s safety, we ask all motorized vehicles to refrain from excessive accelerations, wheelies, burnouts, etc. The Parade is for the community’s enjoyment – please be considerate.
- All entries must have a Veterans theme or greeting.
- For identification and line-up purposes, all Parade entrants shall provide and display an 8 ½” X 11” card bearing their entry number on the passenger-side windshield of the entry or on the front side of any non-motorized (walking) entries. The Parade committee will assign entry numbers, and participants will be notified prior to the Parade. Final Parade placement is subject to change for best presentation during the Parade.
- Commentators and the reviewing stand will be located in the 700 block of Commercial. In order to be identified for broadcast information, please slow down and make your entry number visible.
- One vehicle (or “Unit” as such) per business, please. (Does not include towing vehicle).
- City of Emporia parade guidelines require entries with livestock (dogs, horses, etc.) to provide their own street cleanup behind the entry.
- Absolutely NO alcoholic beverages or consumption of alcohol is permitted in the Parade. Any participant judged to be in possession of or under the influence of alcohol, or any other substance, shall be asked to leave and subject to removal if not done.
Veteran’s Parade Entry Form
Entry Deadline – October 19, 2018