Tourism Grant Guidelines
EMPORIA CONVENTION & VISITORS BUREAU
2017 TOURISM GRANT PROGRAM GUIDELINES
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Emporia Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB) Tourism Grant Program was established to enhance and strengthen the positive economic impact of the tourism industry on our community. The program was designed to assist an organization in the start-up of the event, but is not designed to cover the entire expense of the project. Applications will be accepted for both nonprofit and for-profit entities. Priority will be given to projects/events that are distinctive, create a positive energy, push average boundaries and most closely match the mission and goals of the CVB.
MISSION AND GOALS
Mission: To inspire people to visit, stay, play, dine and shop in Emporia. The CVB is an investment tool for our community; enhancing economic development. We strive to fulfill the expectations of the traveling public by providing quality, memorable experiences. To help fulfill this mission, the Advisory Board has established the following goals: INCREASE OCCUPANCY and ATTRACTION ATTENDANCE
POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
Tourism Grants are available to any organization actively marketing their project/event to attract out-of-town visitors to Emporia. Applications must be completed in full and abide by the following:
- Applications must be received before the end of the business day of the desired granting cycle. February 1, 2017 and August 1, 2017.
- All public notices and printed promotional materials must acknowledge the support of the CVB, i.e. “This project made possible in part by the financial support of the Emporia Convention & Visitors Bureau,” and must include the CVB logo.
- Preference will be given to marketing that is geared towards overnight room stays and spring/fall/winter occupancy. Summer-season projects will be considered, but must have a significant impact that can be documented..*
- Each application must consist of a proposed budget which includes detailed expenses and revenues.
- Mandatory follow-up report is required and due 30 days of project completion for funds to be dispersed.
- Must have measurable impact and effectiveness that can be tracked and documented.
- Applicant will be notified of grant award via letter or email by March 1 or September 1 depending on grant cycle.
- Grant funds must be used for the project for which they are requested. The CVB must be notified in writing if the applicant does not plan to use their approved funds.
- The recipient is responsible for any and all liability issues evolving from the activities.
- Projects must be completed within twelve months.