No Coast Film Fest brings together new & established filmmakers from all over the world to celebrate the short film genre, right here in Kansas. The event takes place in the historic Emporia Granada Theatre, a showpiece of 1920s opulence and a throwback to the early days of theatre. Now in its 4th year, No Coast Film Fest screens both Award-winning short films from the international film festival circuit as well as discoveries from first-time filmmakers. Filmmakers who submit their work compete for one of three prizes – the Grand Jury Prize, the Audience Award, and the Kraken Award.
Friday, September 9
- Opening Night! Film screenings, 6pm-8pm at the Emporia Granada Theatre. Free & open to the public.
Saturday, September 10
- Film Screenings, 10am-8pm at the Granada Theatre. Free & open to the public.
- VIP Mixer, 8pm-10-pm at the Lyon County History Center. Meet the creators behind the scenes. VIP passes are required for the mixer. Visit nocoastfilmfest.com to get yours.
Sunday, September 11
- Screening Best of the Fest, 10am-1pm at Emporia State University Roosevelt Hall. Free & open to the public.
- Director's Panels and Demonstrations, 10am-1pm at Emporia State University Roosevelt Hall. Free & open to the public.
- Awards Ceremony, 1pm at Emporia State University Roosevelt Hall. Free & Open to the public.
Make it a weekend
In between film screenings, check out these other Downtown Emporia gems, all within walking distance of the Granada Theatre: