Who we are
This website is owned and operated by Visit Emporia, Kansas. You may contact us here.
What personal data we collect and why we collect it
Information submitted through the contact form on our site is sent to Visit Emporia, Kansas’s private email. These submissions are kept for customer service purposes and to conduct business. They are never used for marketing purposes or shared with third parties. Personal information collected via the website contact form may include:
- Your Name
- Your Email
- Your Address
- Your Phone
- Your IP Address
Our site uses the following cookies:
- Analytics – Like most standard websites servers, we track website analytics. Web analytics track internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks. We utilize this information to analyze trends, administer the Sites, prevent fraud, track website navigation in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use.
- Remarketing and behavioral targeting – This type of service allows this Website and its partners to inform, optimize and serve advertising based on past use of this Website by the User. This activity is facilitated by tracking Usage Data and by using Trackers to collect information which is then transferred to the partners that manage the remarketing and behavioral targeting activity. In addition to any opt-out feature provided by any of the services below, Users may opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative opt-out page. Users may also opt-out of certain advertising features through applicable device settings, such as the device advertising settings for mobile phones or ads settings in general. This site employs the following remarketing services:
- Security – this site employs a plugin to provide brute force security in logins by monitoring user cookies.
Who can see my personal information
If you have filled out a contact form or registered on this site, your contact information can be accessed by:
- Our website administrator
- Visit Emporia, Kansas staff
If you have NOT submitted any forms or otherwise registered on this site, there is no personally identifying information we have or can see about you.
How long we retain your data
When you submit a message through the contact form, your contact information is retained by Visit Emporia, Kansas until (if) you tell us to delete it.
How we protect your data and what data breach procedures we have in place
In case of a data breach of https://visitemporia.com, Visit Emporia, Kansas will immediately notify users whose contact information may have been exposed.
What rights you have over your data
If you have filled out a contact form or registered on this website, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes. Please contact us request a review or removal of your contact information.